PRE-MARITAL COUNSELLING CALENDAR FOR 2022.
The Premarital Counseling Department prepares engaged couples and couples seriously considering marriage based on biblical principles to help ensure a lifelong commitment to each other.
Premarital counseling help couples understand and plan for marriages that will glorify God and also set reasonable expectations for each other, the unit they intend to build by assessing their personal convictions, and the responsibilities they will have in the marriage.
ABOUT THE CLASSES
Premarital counseling is for 6 weeks in a class setting where participants interact with a married mentor couple. Study topics include Biblical principles of marriage, communication, finances, resolving conflicts, roles and responsibilities, intimacy, and more.
Have you completed the foundation of faith? To know about the Foundation program kindly visit http://fof.covenantchristiancentre.org/ for more information
Are you a committed member of The Covenant Nation?
Do you have your parents’ consent to marry?
If yes to all, then plan to attend the pre-marital classes.
Kindly note that fixing of wedding dates cannot be earlier than 2 months after counseling has ended.
Registration closes two weeks before classes start therefore, kindly register early.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the requirements for premarital classes?
* At least one of the participants must be a committed member of The Covenant Nation (TCN) they must have taken part in church services and programs for at least 3 months).
* Participants who are members of The Covenant Nation (TCN) must have completed the foundation of faith (FOF) with the evidence of their certificate.
* Participants who are non-members are to present an equivalent of Foundation of Faith (FOF) from their own church.
* Parental consent from parents (Consent area should be filled and signed by both parents. If the
Father or mother is dead, a representative of the third party can sign.
- How can I get married at The Covenant Nation (TCN)?
* Register for premarital with all criteria above fulfilled.
* Complete premarital classes for 6 weeks.
* Check for availability of wedding date after one-on-one counseling with your counselors with
the church office.
* Confirm and fix wedding date not earlier than 2 months after premarital classes have ended.
- Can I take premarital classes after my court wedding or traditional wedding?
* No. Kindly note that premarital classes must precede any kind of wedding.
- How long is premarital classes?
* Premarital classes is for a duration of 6 weeks on Saturdays (or any day
mutually agreed by counselors and attendees for at least 3 hours.
- Can I attend premarital classes alone?
* No. Both participants have to attend all classes and complete them.
- Can I take a break from premarital to attend a prior engagement and complete classes later?
* No. Please plan to complete your class in the 6 weeks straight.
- Can I take premarital at The Covenant Nation (TCN) if I am not getting married at The Covenant Nation (TCN)?
* You are welcome to take the premarital classes as long as you have fulfilled all the
- How early do I have to register for a class?
* Registration should be as soon as you get engaged. Kindly consult the calendar below.
- How can I take premarital classes if my partner is outside the country?
* We have the diaspora class to cater to you. Kindly check the calendar for available dates.
Please note that all criteria applies.
2022 Classes dates
Feb 5th – Mar 12th
Mar 5th – April 9th
April 2nd – May 7th
May 7th – June 11th
June 4th – July 9th
July 2nd – Aug 6th
Aug 6th – Sept 10th
Sept 3rd – Oct 8th
Oct 1st – Nov 5th
Nov 5th – Dec 10th
Distance/Diaspora Classes (Special):
Contact The Covenant Nation Premarital Department.
Call/WhatsApp: 08094999998 (Weekdays 9am -5pm)